RECIPE BY NELSON @FRESH_N_GREYIngredients
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup Green Boy Fava Bean Protein Powder
- 1 1/4 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a Charlotte Cake Pan.
- To make the cake: In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until light and lemon-colored (ribbon stage), about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the olive oil, orange extract and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, fava bean protein powder, salt, and baking powder. Add to the egg mixture alternately with the almond milk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. When smooth; pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes, until the center springs back when lightly touched and the edges just begin to pull away from the pan.
- *** If the cake has a dome, this is a good time to use a bread knife to slice off the dome using the pan as a guide. Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely upside down on a rack. Before turning out (right side up) onto a serving plate, loosen the edges with a flexible thin spatula or table knife.
- To make the compote: add all the ingredients to a sauce pan and heat over medium to low heat until the mixture begins to bubble. Continue stirring until you have reached the desired consistency. Set aside and cool slightly.
- Crush the sliced almonds and then toast in a saucepan over medium to low heat until golden brown. Set aside and cool until easy to handle.
- To assemble the cake: Spread the blueberry compote over the center top recessed area (was the bottom while baking) filling the entire space. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the compote to cover completely.
- Place the cake in the fridge to cool for about 1 hour, this will help firm up the compote a bit.
Start your plant protein journey today