RECIPE BY NELSON @FRESH_N_GREYIngredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarse semolina
- 1/2 cup Mung Bean Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Grease with baking spray the bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan or paper baking mold. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, semolina, Mung Bean and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set Aside.
- Rub the sugar with the orange and lemon zest until fragrant.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer running, add the egg yolks and olive oil. Continue mixing until the batter turns light yellow. Add the vanilla & orange extracts. With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 batches alternating with the yogurt.
- Clean the beaters well and beat the egg whites in a separate bowl with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined. Don't mix too much, or you will "flatten" your egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the pan, level with a spatula.
- For the Toppings: toss the peach slices and half of the cup of sugar. Arrange the peach slices atop the batter in a circular-fanned out pattern around the edges & some in the middle. Overlap will occur. Toss the blueberries with the remaining ½ cup of sugar. Scatter the blueberries atop and around the arranged peach slices. Sprinkle the coarse sugar atop the fruit.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until the cake is a nice golden color. A toothpick inserted passed the fruit and into the cake should come out just about clean of cake crumbs, but not necessarily clear of fruit & or sugar.
- Cool for 15 minutes and then release from the pan or peel away sides of paper mold.
- Cold Completely. If using, sprinkle the almonds over the cake and then sprinkle over with powdered sugar.
Start your plant protein journey today