RECIPE BY NELSON @FRESH_N_GREY
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1.5 cups brown sugar packed
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temp
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon extract
- 6 large bananas, smashed
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Fava Bean protein powder
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1.5 cups toffee bits
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1.5 cups thick rolled oats
- ½ cup ground oats/oat flour
- 1 stick butter, room temp-just chilled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup watermelon seed butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- 1.5 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Mixed Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a standard 12 cup non stick muffin tin with liners.
- Prepare the streusel topping by mixing all the ingredients together until you get a crumbly texture. I would suggest using a stand mixer, scraping the sides, mixing, chilling for a bit, then mixing again. If you chill it well after mixing once, you can then crumble it further by hand to get a nice granular effect. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugars, butter, olive oil, vanilla extract & cinnamon extract until creamy/airy. Add eggs 1 at a time until well mixed.
- Whisk in the mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, fava or chickpea powder/flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, espresso powder & salt. Sift in the cocoa powder.
- Fold the toffee bits in.
- Scoop evenly into the prepared muffin tin. You should get 24-25 muffins.
- Top generously with streusel topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- An inserted & removed wooden pick should come out clean.
- Let Muffins cool well in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack.
Start your plant protein journey today