RECIPE BY NELSON @FRESH_N_GREYIngredients:
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dried yeast
- 1 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Fava Bean Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives , rinsed, drained and sliced in half or quarters lengthwise
- 1/4 cup quality extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- Coarse sea salt
- Combine the yeast, water and sugar in a bowl and let it sit in a warm place for about 15 minutes until frothy.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour, protein powder, salt, olive oil and yeast mixture on low speed until the dough comes together, then increase to medium speed and continue to knead for another 5-7 minutes until the texture becomes smooth and soft. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour.
- Remove the dough, spray the mixer bowl with olive oil, return the dough, cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap and put it in a warm, draft-free place to rise for at least 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Coat a standard 15 1/2 x 10 ½-inch rimmed sheet pan with the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Place the dough on the sheet pan, pulling and pressing it with your hands it to spread it across to fit the size of the pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for another 60 minutes or until doubled in size. Towards the end, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the garlic, lemon, olives and rosemary together.
- Use your fingertips to press lots of deep dimples into the dough then drizzle generously with olive oil, letting the oil pool in the dimples. Place the mixture from point 5 throughout the top and into some of the dimples of the dough, sprinkle generously with coarse salt.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes or until the top is light golden brown. Let it cool for a couple of minutes before slicing into squares. Best served immediately while the crust is still warm and crispy.
Start your plant protein journey today